Guidance for Clients. Under the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Rules of Conduct, we are required to operate a Complaints Handling Procedure. If you have a complaint, then this statement sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with that complaint.
1. A person has been appointed in this office to deal with complaints handling, and you should not hesitate to contact the relevant person. Details are set out below:
2. Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
3. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing within 7 (seven) days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
4. Within 21 (twenty one) days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
5. If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint and you are a consumer, then we agree to enter into mediation with you in accordance with The Property Ombudsman Service.
The Property Ombudsman Services Milford House 43 - 55 Milford Street Salisbury Wiltshire SP1 2BP T: 01722 333 306 E: W:
6. If the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction and you are a business, we agree to the referral of your complaint to the Independent Dispute Resolution Service for the Neutral Evaluation Procedure for Surveying Disputes,
IDRS Limited 70 Fleet Street London EC4Y 1EU T: 020 7520 3800 F: 0845 1308 117 E: W: