top of page
Portman Co Ltd is committed to implement, continuously improve, and communicate this Environmental Policy Statement.
The company will:
1. Make adequate budgetary resources available to implement this policy.
2. Implement an Environment Management System. This will be the responsibility of a nominated member of the management team. This will provide a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets. The EMS will address ISO 14001:2004, clause 4.2 (a-g)
3. Consider environmental issues in the business decision-making process.
4. Comply with environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
5. Raise awareness, encourage participation, and train employees in environmental matters.
6. Monitor progress and review our environmental performance on an annual basis. Or, if our processes or legislation change.
7. Make the environment an agenda item at management meetings.
8. Reduce our pollution, emissions, and waste where reasonably practicable.
9. Reduce the use of all raw materials, energy, and supplies.
10. Use sustainable raw materials, energy, and supplies where reasonably practicable.
11. Assess the environmental impact of all historic, current, and likely future operations.
12. Expect similar environmental standards from our suppliers and contractors.
13. Assist customers to use our products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
14. Cooperate with our neighbours and the communities we operate in and to participate in environmental discussions.
15. Show a commitment to social and ethical principles.
16. Via our website, make this policy statement available to the public.
bottom of page